June 2017 Simple Pure Whole Favorites: Dry Brushing, The Need for Play & Strawberries!
During June I shared some inspiration and science to help you prepare for and make the most of your summer!
To keep your mind and spirit inspired, I shared some of my favorite books to add to Your Ultimate Summer Reading List to Change Your Outlook and Life!
For a delicious yet migraine- and allergy-friendly chocolatey treat, try this Vegan Creamy Carob Butter! It is perfect with some fresh summer fruit or atop gluten-free pancakes or toast.
When you are sitting on the beach reading your favorite book or hiking out in the mountains, it is always important to take care to protect your skin. I shared my top take care to protect your skin. I shared my top Sun Exposure Dos and Dont’s this month to help you enjoy the sun safely.
We all want to look and feel our best to enjoy the summer! In addition to caring for your skin, taking care of your lymphatic system is key to overall health! To help you do that, I provided a powerful five-step Lymphatic Cleanse this month on the blog and my YouTube channel.
In the meantime, check out my favorite healthy recipes/foods/products/links/exercises/inspiration from the past month. My Favorites feature is a regular part of the Simple | Pure | WholeTMBlog allowing me to share some great healthy solutions with you each month!
I only share resources that I have personal experience with and can therefore recommend without reservation. Remember that each person is unique so check with your health care provider before making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle. This is not intended as medical advice. This post may contain affiliate links. Prices are the same for you and affiliate commission helps to support the maintenance of my blog so I can continue to bring you free, value-filled resources. Thank you for your support!
Here are some of my Simple | Pure | WholeTM Healthy Favorites for June 2017!
Favorite Product: Dry Brush
As I discussed this month, the lymphatic system is crucial for overall health, glowing skin and a balanced immune system. One of the most powerful and accessible ways to keep the lymph flowing well is dry brushing.
This self-massage practice involves gently brushing the skin once or twice a day with a gentle but firm brush. It boosts circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system, sweeps away dead skin cells and helps the body detoxify and remove wastes.
Simple Pure Whole Solutions
- Incorporate dry brushing into your daily routine or as part of your Lymphatic Cleanse. Start at your feet and brush upwards toward the heart. Use firm, small, circular strokes thatares gentle yet stimulating. Dedicate a few minutes to this practice to increase circulation and exfoliation.
- For a vegan product, look for a dry brush made without animal hair (boar, horse, squirrel, badger or horse are commonly used). A
- A long handle will allow you to reach your entire back more easily.
Favorite Inspirational Article: The Serious Need for Play
The summer is the perfect time to prioritize play! Science proves that free, imaginative play is crucial for normal emotional, social and cognitive development.
Play involves a state of being in which we’re engaged in fun, pleasurable activity. Although play may be perceived as unproductive, immature or trivial in adulthood, play can be beneficial for people of all ages.
When you cultivate a playful spirit, you may find that you can approach tasks in a more relaxed and focused manner and develop more creative and innovative solutions to problems.
Simple Pure Whole Solutions:
These crimson jems always taste best when locally grown and fresh from the farm!
Strawberries are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants, giving them many health benefits. They also contain a wealth of vitamins and minerals as well as dietary fiber.
Due to this high nutrient content, strawberries have been reported to reduce cardiovascular risk factors such as elevated blood pressure, hyperglycemia, dyslipidemia and inflammation.
Antioxidants and vitamin C in strawberries nourish the skin and help protect it from sun damage. These phytonutrients along with tannins in strawberries can also help sunburned and sun-damaged skin heal and recover. In fact, a single serving of strawberries provides around 150% of the daily requirement of vitamin-C.
Simple Pure Whole Solutions
- Mash up some strawberries and slather than on mildly sunburned skin for some natural relief and healing. Leave on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse.
- Always buy organic strawberries since these berries contain some of the highest pesticide residues of all fruits.
- Dip fresh organic strawberries into this Creamy Not-ella Carob Butter for a decadent vegan, gluten-free and migraine-friendly treat!
- Try adding fresh sliced strawberries in place of mulberries in my Dandelion Salad with Citrus Dressing!
June’s Features from The Simple | Pure | WholeTM Blog:
What is your favorite way to enjoy strawberries?
Have you used a dry brush?
Please let me know in the comments below or on Facebook or Instagram if you have tried any of these or if you find something new you love so I can check it out!
If you enjoyed these healthy tips, I welcome you to join my free Insider’s Community for special offers, members-only opportunities, wellness news, recipes and more!
Your Simple Pure Whole Wellness Plan!
- The Whole Cure Lifestyle Transformation Mindset Module one of my most popular online group coaching programs for lasting transformation and meaningful stress management that can shift your entire life! This next group online program is done from the comfort of your home anywhere in the world! Commit to yourself now!
- Since inflammation plays such an important role in so many chronic issues and Spring is the perfect time to cleanse and start anew, I am offering a new, affordable, to-the-point program to help you find balance, heal chronic illness, get to a healthy weight and revitalize! The Simple | Pure | Whole Laser Reset Cleanse will jumpstart the transformation of your lifestyle, diet and body to leave you feeling better than you have in years! Enroll now
Glorious Greens for Great Health Virtual Workshop and Cookbook: This virtual workshop will introduce you to the facts and science about leafy green vegetables and provide simple and nutritious recipe ideas to help you easily incorporate these nutritional powerhouses into your diet. You will discover vibrant health through knowledge and flavorful real food recipes!
Breathe: Guided Relaxation & Breathing Exercises to Help You Find Your Whole Cure is now available! This special resource will support you in bringing The Whole Cure to life! The individually-available breathing exercises and guided relaxation experiences (starting at $0.99!) can be used anywhere, at any time of day. Try using them when you feel panic, stress, anxiety or just want a few moments of calm in your day. They are also helpful for coping with pain and helping the body prepare for rest and relaxation.
- 3-Month Simple | Pure | WholeTM Wellness Solution Essential Lifestyle Coaching Program! Get personalized one-on-one attention and transformational coaching to address your physical and emotional body, lifestyle and habits with customized virtual transformational wellness coaching!
- The Whole Cure: 52 Essential Prescriptions for Overcoming Overwhelm, Reclaiming Balance and Reconnecting with a Life You Love! Commit to yourself with 52 simple yet profound stress management techniques that you can work on throughout the year to change your mindset and find greater peace, calm and balance!
Medical Disclaimer: Information provided in this post and related resources is for informational purposes only. Jennifer Weinberg is not providing medical advice, diagnosis or treatment information. The information is NOT intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. Every body is unique so be sure to check with your health care professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes taking any medication or nutritional supplement or using any treatment for a health issue. Do not use this information provided for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. If you suspect you have a medical problem please contact your healthcare provider promptly and do not disregard professional medical advice based on anything on this website. This website and related resources are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease and do not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Jennifer Weinberg. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. I never, ever endorse a product or service that I would not purchase myself. I only share resources that I have personal experience with and can therefore recommend without reservation. Affiliate commission helps to support the maintenance of my blog so I can continue to bring you free, value-filled resources. Thank you for your support!